We had a good turnout for our first Extreme Programmers London meetup and gathered plenty of ideas for future sessions.
Here's some of the suggestions of topcs came out of group discussion:
- Hiring process
- Experience reports where XP hard to apply
- Pairing with unpairables
- How to accelerate feedback loops
- Internal knowledge share in XP teams
- Quality / Productivity
- Global, distributed teams
- User stories
- Techniques to make Continuous Deployment easier
- Helping product understand technical debt and avoiding it
- Teaching advancing TDD
- XP 101: discuss each practice - still relevant? successes?
- Test driving the hard bits eg, security, resilience
- Object callesthenics
- Show 'n' tell - learnings from retrospectives
- Interconnectedness of things
- Things we used to do in XP
- Modern XP for concurrent f() world
- Embrace Change vs sticking to trad XP
We are probably going to vary the format from month to month with shorter presentation and longer discussion slots. Next time we'll have 2 short talks plus a Fishbowl Book club session on Extreme Programming Explained, first edition (the white book).